"Grab your dick and double-click for porn, porn, PORN!"
Sadly enough, that's not a joke for some people, even if it's funny when Trekkie Monster says it. ::sigh::
Guess the hell what opened in my town?? That's right . . . a Japanese-style karaoke place! Oh my shit! Well, technically I suppose it's a Korean-style karaoke place, because it is next to a Korean restaurant and the places are connected, but same difference--they're individual rooms with booths and little song books and mics, and you don't have to wait your turn to sing like in an American karaoke place. Woo-hoo!
Jeaux is going to take me there for the first time next week on our usual Jeaux Day--Wednesday. It is going to be great, I think! Sad thing is it costs 20 bucks an hour. But actually that wouldn't be bad if you went with a few friends and you all kicked in like 5 bucks or whatever. I wonder if that comes with a drink like the places offered when I was in Japan? Next week Jeaux and I are also going to make baked apples and ice cream. Mmmm. We were gonna make it last week, but that stupid bitch kept falling asleep! Wah!
I'm reading a book called Life in a Medieval City because I am fairly clueless about the period and yet I am writing a book set in a pseudo-medieval time. I don't really read much fantasy (hah! the irony!) but this is the first time I've attempted writing a book set in such a time, and I don't want to commit any faux pas. Of course, I have a little wiggle room since there was never a historical time period where a small but significant minority of the population were fairies. Yay for re-writing legends with a twist.
I'm also reading Jane Eyre (holy crap, why didn't anyone ever tell me how much this ROCKED??), and at work I'm reading Lamb. And I'm editing two books written by my friends. That's a lot of different storylines to deal with. Oh well. I'm versatile.
I made pfefferneusse today. They taste kind of like animal crackers--little one-inch-by-one-inch cookie thingies. My recipe made SIXTEEN DOZEN or something like that. I couldn't believe it. Yes they are small, but still! I made them for a friend's birthday, but there were a lot more than could fit in the container I'm giving him! Urgh! I have a whole SHEET of them left over after filling his, giving some to Mike, and wrapping a small package for Diana. I don't want to eat them, and John is on his "I'm dating a hot lawyer" diet, so I am wondering what the hell to do with them. Someone wanna come over and eat 'em?
My DDR dance pad went on the fritz today--insisted on registering steps when NO ONE WAS ON IT--so I opened the box on the spare one Jeaux gave me a couple months back. It works great. But it came with hilarious instructions written in Engrish:
* Forbidden to use this product if your feet are seriously injured. Stop immediately if there is abnormal phenomenon in your foot, waist and back when using it.
* Please take off your shoes when using this product, don't wear a smooth sock, do not stack up other things around you, keep far away from walls and windows, find somewhere roomy to play.
* There is maybe have some white powder on the surface of the product, please wipe off by a piece of soft, clean cloth.
* Make sure to pave the cushion.
* Don [sic] not put it near the furniture and other odds and ends.
* Young children must be guided to use it or need parents and teachers to accompany, in case to be tumbled by it.
* High technology product, do not apart, separate or fix it anyway. Or the damage can not be guaranteed.
* Do not keep it in the quite high or low temperature environment, especially far away from fireplace.
* If this product can't work well, please connect with your supplier directly.
* This product is made for indoor games only. Do not use it outdoors or in other occasion.
* Please shut off the power before removing this product.
* Please put it on a flat floor, but not too smooth.
* When using this product, pay attention to keep your feet safety.
* Please do not jump strongly, that may bring troubles to the other person.
Isn't Engrish great?
Engrish. Fun. You should write a whole book in Engrish.
My DDR pad is doing something like that too. Except IT ISN'T GODDAMN PLASTIC, THEREFORE COST $100 and the SHITTY thing BROKE.
I'm going to have to go through your entries and pick up book recommendations. I'm going on my monthly Buy Book Thang. [katqueen]