Open Diary Entries
Ode to Jeaux
Jeaux is one of the coolest people on the face of the earth. Here is why.
- If I have a problem, for some reason he immediately tries to help me solve it without even being asked.
- He is a cool writer whose stories develop in a way very similar to mine. For that reason we understand each other's way of thinking in ways most non-writers think are ridiculous.
- He is invariably supportive in things I do even if they do not support his self-interest in any way.
- He is generous about buying me dinner EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
- His sick sense of humor is way too entertaining.
- He does things for people when he shouldn't (e.g., lending his parents money to buy an even bigger TV set).
- We can talk for hours about the Books-A-Million Kids' Department and for some reason it is not at all boring, even though it is talk about work.
- We share a sense of contempt for people with typical frat boy mindsets.
- He is open-minded and ready to try almost anything, yet offers honest opinions if things don't suit him.
- Stupid things happen to him just like they do to me, and we can bitch together.
- We have the same raging hatred of inconsiderate people.
- Though he is perfectly heterosexual, he has in no way acted as though my being a girl means we are anything more than friends. In fact he thinks people are ridiculous when they say guys and girls can't be "just friends."
- He scours television channels and fills VCRs with tapes just to pimp cable to me for shows I like.
- We seem to come to the same conclusions independently of each other and have the same opinions on controversial stuff.
- He accepts his faults and makes allowances for mine.
- He rules.
Everyone should have a Jeaux.
Yes, Jeaux, this is a thank-you for helping me find that converter program for my stupid CD. You kick ass. If I did that sort of thing, I'd owe you a snowy right now.
Wow! This Jeaux guy rules! I want one too! [Invader Jeaux]
Oh, he sounds wonderful :) I haven't found any *that* supportive, but I'm only in 8th grade; I'm sure that most aren't quite sure what they are supportive of anyhow, let alone being supportive of others!
Way to go Jeaux! [katqueen]
previous entry * open diary start * next entry