Open Diary Entries
I am cooler than you.
I was reading over one of my novels, trying to go over it one more time before I share it with another person. (I like to do that to make sure there's no stupid parts that I could fix, and no glitches left from the last edit.) And I came across a line that I didn't remember writing:
“It’s my business if I say it is,” the stinky monkey said.
I read it and collapsed into giggles. That was just so freaking funny. Stinky monkey! BWAHAHA! She called him a stinky monkey!
I can just laugh unabashedly at stupid things that really shouldn't be funny, and not care whether you think I'm a jerk for doing it. That's reason number one why I am cooler than you.
Small children think I am the coolest person on the face of the planet. Here are some reasons why:
- I bake cookies all the time.
- I have LOTS of toys in my house.
- I have very silly impractical furniture like an inflatable chair and a beanbag.
- I have long hair and I'm always wearing it in weird ways.
- I regularly do things like wear a witch's hat or fairy wings for no reason.
- I am willing to play tag in a supermarket.
- I have lots of cartoons on tape.
- I also jump on beds.
People all the way up in their teens also think I'm cool, usually the pre-college crowd. Here are some reasons why:
- I work in a bookstore. That's such a cool job.
- I've written my own books.
- I have quite the groovy Web page.
- I do all the things they would do if only their parents weren't there to stop them.
- I make things. I make lots of things. For a small fee I make things for you.
- I'm smart enough to help you with your homework, unless it's math.
- If you say "draw me one!" I usually will.
- If it's something that doesn't matter, I'll bend the rules for you.
- I have the resources of an adult and the brain of a kid. Bad combination.
And yet, these are all reasons that many adults think I suck. Here are some more.
- I went to college for four years and I still work in retail.
- I have no interest in starting a family.
- I don't have dental insurance, damn how irresponsible I am.
- I don't have a savings account (yet).
- I spend my time on "childish" pursuits.
- My apartment looks like some odd mix between college dorm and toy store.
- I still wear clothes I wore ten years ago.
- Some of said clothes depict goofy cartoon characters not appropriate for a young lady.
- I am routinely embarrassing in public. (This can be argued for parents too, though.)
- I stay up late for no reason except that I want to.
- I know very little about what's going on in the world and don't subscribe to the newspaper.
Funny how the same things are viewed so differently by different groups of people.
Now, now... some adults think you're ultra mega super duper deluxe cool... like me, for example. But then again, I'm cool like that. :P [MissyWalks]
That's right. You suck huge donkey dick. (Asscock) [Meggie]
I for one am glad you are the way you are :) [Freder]
This "adult" thinks you're pretty darn cool, actually. ;) - Ronni
I'm certainly glad you've managed to keep your childlikeness - best way t' be! - Toraneko
I love you *heart*
I wish I knew you IRL. *sigh*
You are soo...um...what's the word...
previous entry * open diary start * next entry