|This page is a collection of sites that discuss, mention, or link to me around the Web. If you have seen me or my work discussed somewhere and you'd like to notify me, please do.
- (A)sexual by Arts Engine: A documentary on asexuality. I'm in the movie as a major interviewee.
- The Huffington Post did a feature on asexuality, written by Dominique Mosbergen in six parts. My materials and interview quotes were used.
- 429Magazine: An article called "Acknowledging asexuality on the queer spectrum" by Morgan Welch features an interview with me.
- Drake Magazine: An article called "Shedding light on asexuality" by Lauren Hartog features an interview with me.
- The Morning Show: I was mentioned on television in this Australian show's spot on asexuality.
- The Daily Beast: An article called "No Sex? No Problem" by Jacqueline Jennings features an interview with me.
- The Authority Smashing! Hour: David Jay and I were interviewed on this podcast. A transcript is here in a Google doc.
- Asexual Awareness Week: My YouTube videos are listed as a resource for asexuals.
- Singles and Asexuals: Their Intersexion: I'm mentioned in this blog post, with my Top Ten list discussed.
- The Center for Sexual Pleasure & Health on Tumblr linked my article "What can sexual people do to make asexual people feel valued and accepted?" Commenters discuss and support.
- Swankivy--Asexuals need-real world understanding: Shawn from Asexual News interviewed me about some asexuality activism issues. (I don't know why the title of the article has a hyphen where it does.)
- Skeptic's Play: This Blogspot blogger reviewed the movie (A)sexual and mentioned my role in the movie.
- Deep Dish: This Blogspot blogger alao reviewed the movie (A)sexual and mentioned my role in the movie.
- Libela: A Croatian article called "Kriška torte, crni prsten, pikov as, a ne dama i film o svemu tome" reviews the documentary (A)sexual and mentions me a couple times. Google Translate does a pretty good job translating this for you if you don't read Croatian.
- An Interview with the Asexual Sexologist: Shawn from Asexual News interviewed Dallas, and she mentioned me glowingly.
- Can Asexuals Have Long-Term Relationships?: I was asked to make a guest contribution to The Sexual Futurist's channel on YouTube, and this was my topic.
- The Anxious Writer's Tumblr: My "Asexual Bingo" video was linked here, and it spawned many comments and shares on Tumblr, most of which were refreshingly supportive.
- Adapadapa on Tumblr links my "How to Be an Asexual Ally" article and comments on why it's good.
- santacruzlaguna: Lists my "Letters to an Asexual" series as one of the "Blogs, Vlogs, and Podcasts You Should Be Aware Of."
- Asexual News lists my main site as a resource for asexuals.
- Jackie Hyde on Tumblr: In discussing my "Asexual Bingo" video, a couple Tumblr members said some very insightful (and complimentary) stuff about my message.
- AVEN's discussion of sexual assault which bounces off and references the points I made in my "Asexual Bingo" video.
- Claiming My Asexuality: Jayleigh writes a piece on asexuality for elephant journal and links to my writings. Jayleigh points out in a LiveJournal entry that my writings have been personally influential.
- It's swankivy's birthday: A bunch of AVEN users "celebrated" my 35th birthday and I didn't even know about it until the next month. How sweet of them.
- Impish Idea: My essay on Eragon is listed as "SwankIvy's famous essay" in this site's resources.
- Eragon Sporkings: A fan of Paolini's work complains that it makes no sense for anti-fans to keep reading his books. Some commenters elaborate on the phenomenon and reference me.
- Conjugal Felicity: Rorschach discusses the travesty that is G. Tesch's publicity machine, and recommends my video and writeup as a good resource.
- thealyrianboredomsquad discussed my Inheritance critique and shared excitement about our communication.
- NaNoWriMo Boards discussed the Inheritance Cycle and there was some heated discussion of my critical essay.
- TVTropes: Tesch's series is mocked a bit on this page, and my analysis of the family's promotional techniques is referenced, along with my Eragon review.
- Comic Fury's discussion of G. Tesch: My video criticizing the promotional techniques of G. Tesch is discussed in this forum thread. Be warned: a couple of the participants think I'm a bitch and say so unapologetically.
- Comixpedia: Wiki-organized presentation of my comic on this webcomic site.
- TVTropes: My comic's "tropes" are identified by readers and the comic's story elements are discussed.
- Expanded Horizons: My comic is one of the recommended links for this speculative fiction online magazine.
- DeletionQuality Forums: My webcomic is mentioned by a reader called Killing_Time, described as a fantasy that goes deeper into characters' emotional lives.
- Facepunch: A fan of the webcomic Minus started a thread about webcomics, and my comic got mentioned and recommended.
- The Naked Elf: I'm recommended on this webcomic's link list, and am described as being excellent despite seeming to forget I'm writing a webcomic and not a novel.
- Silverpaperplate painted my character Dax on canvas in acrylic. There's also a YouTube video documenting the process.
CRITICISM AND TROLLING
- "Awful Site of the Day" on Something Awful: Got puked upon by Andrew "Garbage Day" Miller on July 22, 2010. References my comprehensive debunking of G. Tesch's misleading advertising strategies and proceeds to present a list of the things I like and the things I do while presenting my existence as pathetic.
- Music video on YouTube: G. Tesch VERY briefly has my face spliced into one of her videos (superimposed with the word "ratchet," wow, hardcore) in which she is dancing around clearly thinking she is issuing a resounding in-your-face at me for daring to criticize her terrible promotional tactics and exposing her lies. Obviously it's easy for people like her to claim I'm a "hater" instead of actually addressing the criticism or refraining from committing the sins I pointed out. Too bad everyone who knows the situation (read: everyone who's ever Googled her, since my criticism of her is more popular than her actual work) knows how desperately she would like to be able to do what I'm doing, writing-wise.
- "Justify Your Crap" on xenex.org: Received a borderline incoherent and seemingly deliberately convoluted "review" of my short story "Clouds." Written by Stevehen J. Warren.
- TheForum: In a thread entitled "I Take The Internet Seriously And Made Page About Assholes," a user called "AlterEgo" calls for folks to send me sexual offers and rape/death threats. They criticize my website, use a lot of foul language, and call me ugly a lot. Ho-hum. (You have to be a TheForum member to read this thread.)
- The Internet Is Terrible: My YouTube video "Stupid" got listed under "This video is 9 min long" on a site dedicated to posting the worst sites on the Internet.
- Asexuality, Porn, and Me: A LiveJournal member submits a rather confused-sounding criticism of my published article "Asexuality isn't Antisexuality," suggesting that my definition of asexuality isn't inclusive enough because I exclude people who experience sexual attraction.